The short answer to the question “Online Reputation Management Tactics That Help with Web Optimization” is Yes, online reputation management tactics help with web optimization. There is a buzz word of reputation management in the online world, which is basically the understanding and influencing of an individual’s or business’s reputation on the World Wide Web.
This plays a big role with your search results with relation to Internet and social media etc. Generally, it is also associated with ethical grey areas such as
review sites, censoring negative reviews, or comments and using search engine optimization tactics for the purposes of influencing search results.
The rise of the Internet and social media has shifted focus of almost every business to online reputation management because everyone wants to know your reputation before acquiring professional services, or making a purchase.
Reputation management is the practice of monitoring the reputation of an individual or brand, addressing damaging comments and using customer feedback to get early warning signals to reputation problems. Most of reputation management is focused on pushing down negative search results. Reputation management attempts to bridge the gap between how a company perceives itself and how others view it. Customers are always trying to find out their suppliers reputation and the search engines are going to bring these reviews to the top of the search results of those companies who have better online reputation. Google search results are the primary target of reputation management efforts. Some of the tactics used by reputation management firms include, but are not limited to the following:
- Improving the tagging and search engine optimization of company-published materials, such as white papers and positive customer testimonials in order to push down negative content.
- To outperform the negative results in a search, publish original, positive website content and social media profiles.
- The submission of online press releases to authoritative websites in order to promote brand presence and defeat negative content.
- Being discussed or getting mentioned on third-party sites that rank highly in Google.
- Proactively offering free products to prominent reviewers.
- Proactively responding to public criticism stemming from recent changes.
Your ability to manage your businesses online reputation is critical to your future growth.